LA CROSSE, Wis (WKBT) - After weeks of rehearsal, a group of young artists are ready to show off their talents.
Students from the La Crosse school district performed 'Fame Jr.', based off of the 1980 classic musical.
The kids spent their summer mornings running through lines and rehearsing songs.
"The arts really bring people together. I love how we have students from all over the city. Both high schools all three middle schools plus charter schools. So they get to know kids from other schools," Vocal Music Teacher Mary Stutesman said.
Sunday was the final show and a portion of the proceeds will fund a summer theatre scholarship for graduating area high school seniors.
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Onalaska's Glynn takes home prestigious award
- 1 dead after shooting at Minnetonka storage facility