LA CROSSE, Wis (WKBT) - After weeks of rehearsal, a group of young artists are ready to show off their talents.
Students from the La Crosse school district performed 'Fame Jr.', based off of the 1980 classic musical.
The kids spent their summer mornings running through lines and rehearsing songs.
"The arts really bring people together. I love how we have students from all over the city. Both high schools all three middle schools plus charter schools. So they get to know kids from other schools," Vocal Music Teacher Mary Stutesman said.
Sunday was the final show and a portion of the proceeds will fund a summer theatre scholarship for graduating area high school seniors.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law