The Chippewa Valley Jazz Orchestra (CVJO) announced on Monday that Barry Hitt is its new musical director.
Hitt currently teaches at Chippewa Falls High School and directs their jazz ensembles.
Hitt has served as the executive director for the Chippewa Valley Symphony Orchestra and has performed internationally with the US Air Force Bands for 20 years.
"We are absolutely thrilled to have Barry on board," James Hanke, CVJO Board treasurer said in a statement. "He brings with him a wealth of experience and skills that will definitely serve to push the CVJO to the next level."
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin