The Chippewa Valley Jazz Orchestra (CVJO) announced on Monday that Barry Hitt is its new musical director.
Hitt currently teaches at Chippewa Falls High School and directs their jazz ensembles.
Hitt has served as the executive director for the Chippewa Valley Symphony Orchestra and has performed internationally with the US Air Force Bands for 20 years.
"We are absolutely thrilled to have Barry on board," James Hanke, CVJO Board treasurer said in a statement. "He brings with him a wealth of experience and skills that will definitely serve to push the CVJO to the next level."
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab