LA CROSSE, Wis. - Area high school students showed off their artistic skills Friday for professional artists.
West Salem, Cashton, Onalaska, Central, and Logan participated in UW-La Crosse's Visual Arts Classic.
The students showcased a long term project through one of several mediums such as drawing, ceramics, and photography.
There was also an on-site competition with a surprise project which needed to be completed in less than three hours.
Then the students had a chance to sit down with the judges and discuss their work. "Getting their artwork critiqued by a college instructor or a local artists, there are some college students who are also judging, it's just a great activity for kids who enjoy art, it's a good extracurricular thing," said Onalaska H.S. art teacher Angie Hedrikson.
Students who place at the top move on to a state competition.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure