LA CROSSE, WI - An area business gave a token of appreciation Tuesday to some of our teachers.
Sam's Club surprised 20 area teachers who go above and beyond.
One of the stops was at Hingten Elementary in La Crosse. Sam's gave two teachers at the school a $50 gift card as a way to help them continue their hard work inside the classroom. "With budget cuts and everything going on, they're spending a lot of their own personal money to help give things students need, you know papers, pens, pencils," said Sam's Membership Team Leader Chris Anderson.22459822
"I feel like it's an honor that I already get to work here and work with such great kids, but it's nice that Sam's Club would come and recognize us for doing a good job," said Hintgen teacher Kris Markworth.
Sam's Club also surprised teachers in La Crescent, Winona, and Onalaska.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure