LA CROSSE, WI - An area business gave a token of appreciation Tuesday to some of our teachers.
Sam's Club surprised 20 area teachers who go above and beyond.
One of the stops was at Hingten Elementary in La Crosse. Sam's gave two teachers at the school a $50 gift card as a way to help them continue their hard work inside the classroom. "With budget cuts and everything going on, they're spending a lot of their own personal money to help give things students need, you know papers, pens, pencils," said Sam's Membership Team Leader Chris Anderson.22459822
"I feel like it's an honor that I already get to work here and work with such great kids, but it's nice that Sam's Club would come and recognize us for doing a good job," said Hintgen teacher Kris Markworth.
Sam's Club also surprised teachers in La Crescent, Winona, and Onalaska.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.