JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The weather is warming up just in time for the ATV trails to open.
More than 100 miles of ATV trails are now open in Jackson County. The area is known to ATV enthusiasts for its rugged trails and natural landscapes.
It's not just ATV riders enjoying the trails, the county is seeing an increase in utility vehicles as well.
"I see a lot more wildlife and it's a pretty interesting experience, it's never the same twice, so that's really what I like about it, and I think that's what brings riders back to our area," said Jon Schweitzer of the Jackson County Forestry & Parks Department.
About 135 miles of trails reopened in Clark County earlier this month.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance