JACKSON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The weather is warming up just in time for the ATV trails to open.
More than 100 miles of ATV trails are now open in Jackson County. The area is known to ATV enthusiasts for its rugged trails and natural landscapes.
It's not just ATV riders enjoying the trails, the county is seeing an increase in utility vehicles as well.
"I see a lot more wildlife and it's a pretty interesting experience, it's never the same twice, so that's really what I like about it, and I think that's what brings riders back to our area," said Jon Schweitzer of the Jackson County Forestry & Parks Department.
About 135 miles of trails reopened in Clark County earlier this month.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore