LA CROSSE, Wis. - Students from Aquinas Middle School in La Crosse donated a busload full of food Monday to the Wafer Food Pantry.
The students collected the food over the past several weeks as part of a school-wide food drive.
They reached their goal of two tons of food, dropping off more than 4,000 pounds. The students say they were happy to help the food pantry.
"It's just fun to help and it brings happiness to everybody. It helps the poor. It's amazing what we can do," said Aquinas 7th grader Abby Bettis.17480312
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.