LA CROSSE, Wis. - Students from Aquinas Middle School in La Crosse donated a busload full of food Monday to the Wafer Food Pantry.
The students collected the food over the past several weeks as part of a school-wide food drive.
They reached their goal of two tons of food, dropping off more than 4,000 pounds. The students say they were happy to help the food pantry.
"It's just fun to help and it brings happiness to everybody. It helps the poor. It's amazing what we can do," said Aquinas 7th grader Abby Bettis.17480312
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks