LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Aquinas Middle School students delivered 4,100 lbs of food and hygiene products to WAFER to help those in need in the La Crosse area on Monday.
It's for their annual 11th annual "Stuff the Bus" collection. The students collected food all last week.
"Just helping other people in our community that need our assistance, who may not be quite as lucky as we are," said 8 grader Jonathan Klauke.
"They're enthusiastic about what they have done, and excited that they can help make a difference in somebody else's life," said WAFER Executive Director Erin Waldhart. "It's really neat to witness."23160678
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December