MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Applications are now available for Fort McCoy's fall deer and turkey hunts.
The fort's 2013 fall turkey season and deer archery season both begin Sept. 14. The fort's gun deer season will run from Nov. 23 through Dec. 1. Hunters can download application materials from the fort's website, request them via email or pick them up during a visit to the fort. Applicants will need a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources customer number.
Applications must be received in the fort's permit sales office by June 14 or postmarked by that same date. Fort officials will select successful applicants through a lottery.
The fort is located between Sparta and Tomah in western Wisconsin.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US