MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Applications are now available for Fort McCoy's fall deer and turkey hunts.
The fort's 2013 fall turkey season and deer archery season both begin Sept. 14. The fort's gun deer season will run from Nov. 23 through Dec. 1. Hunters can download application materials from the fort's website, request them via email or pick them up during a visit to the fort. Applicants will need a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources customer number.
Applications must be received in the fort's permit sales office by June 14 or postmarked by that same date. Fort officials will select successful applicants through a lottery.
The fort is located between Sparta and Tomah in western Wisconsin.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016