LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse firefighters are reminding residents to watch their cooking, after responding to a fire sparked by an unattended stove Saturday.
Just after 7 a.m., crews responded to an apartment fire on the 1500 block of Avon Street. After searching the apartment, firefighters rescued two people from the 3rd floor window. The fire was contained to the one apartment, and residents in the other 11 were asked to stay inside with the doors closed. The rest of the building sustained moderate smoke and water damage.
Firefighters say the cause was an unattended pot on the stove.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns