LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse firefighters are reminding residents to watch their cooking, after responding to a fire sparked by an unattended stove Saturday.
Just after 7 a.m., crews responded to an apartment fire on the 1500 block of Avon Street. After searching the apartment, firefighters rescued two people from the 3rd floor window. The fire was contained to the one apartment, and residents in the other 11 were asked to stay inside with the doors closed. The rest of the building sustained moderate smoke and water damage.
Firefighters say the cause was an unattended pot on the stove.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked