ANTIGO, Wis. (AP) - There's going to be sled dog race in northern Wisconsin and some competitors could end up going to the international championship.
The Langlade County Culvers Trailblazer Challenge Sled Dog Races take place Jan. 12 and Jan. 13 in Antigo.
The event is a wild card qualification event for 2013 International Federation of Sled Dog Sports World Championship Race. Qualifying mushers and their teams could end up going to Alaska in March to represent the United States.
Race director Beth Castaldi says she hopes nature is cooperative this year. Lack of adequate snow forced the cancellation of the races in 2011 and 2012.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking