ANTIGO, Wis. (AP) - There's going to be sled dog race in northern Wisconsin and some competitors could end up going to the international championship.
The Langlade County Culvers Trailblazer Challenge Sled Dog Races take place Jan. 12 and Jan. 13 in Antigo.
The event is a wild card qualification event for 2013 International Federation of Sled Dog Sports World Championship Race. Qualifying mushers and their teams could end up going to Alaska in March to represent the United States.
Race director Beth Castaldi says she hopes nature is cooperative this year. Lack of adequate snow forced the cancellation of the races in 2011 and 2012.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse