MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a man in Mexico for the shooting death of a 19-year-old man in Madison in 2010.
Antonio Perez was gunned down in an apparent gang-related slaying in Madison in April 2010.
According to a statement issued Saturday by the U.S. Marshals Service and Madison Police, the man was arrested in Cancun and was to be taken to Mexico City, where he will await extradition to Madison.
The investigation has so far resulted in the arrest of three suspects who have been sentenced for their roles in the shooting.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports within the last six months, the investigation showed the suspect was in Cancun, and the Dane County District Attorney's Office helped issue an international arrest warrant for him.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners