LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Summer's coming to an end, but not before a day of fun outside for kids in La Crosse.
The Parks and Rec Department put on the annual Youth Enrichment Association, or Y.E.A. Day. The association is a nonprofit that raises money for equipment, uniforms, and special events for activities.
Wednesday's free event featured games, inflatables, and an opportunity to go into Erickson pool.
"Especially in this day and age, it's nice to get kids outside, get them active, have a fun day away from home, something different for them to do that's free, fun, and convenient for families," said Recreation Coordinator Becca Schaar.
This was the 10th year of the event.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration