LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Summer's coming to an end, but not before a day of fun outside for kids in La Crosse.
The Parks and Rec Department put on the annual Youth Enrichment Association, or Y.E.A. Day. The association is a nonprofit that raises money for equipment, uniforms, and special events for activities.
Wednesday's free event featured games, inflatables, and an opportunity to go into Erickson pool.
"Especially in this day and age, it's nice to get kids outside, get them active, have a fun day away from home, something different for them to do that's free, fun, and convenient for families," said Recreation Coordinator Becca Schaar.
This was the 10th year of the event.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting