LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A campaign to help families live a healthier lifestyle kicked off Thursday.
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA launched this year's annual campaign at the Freight House Restaurant in downtown La Crosse on Thursday night.
The annual campaign was previously known as the Strong Kids Campaign.
"The Y is so much more than a gym," Annual Y Campaign Chair Leo Bronston said. "It's about building community. It's about building character. We have a lot of programming for kids after school. We also have a LIVESTRONG program for our cancer survivors. We have a diabetes program and we're expanding by collaborating with healthcare organizations in order to improve out community's health."
Bronston said fundraising efforts will continue for the next few weeks, wrapping up in April. Bronston hopes about $500,000 is raised to help the community.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture