LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A campaign to help families live a healthier lifestyle kicked off Thursday.
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA launched this year's annual campaign at the Freight House Restaurant in downtown La Crosse on Thursday night.
The annual campaign was previously known as the Strong Kids Campaign.
"The Y is so much more than a gym," Annual Y Campaign Chair Leo Bronston said. "It's about building community. It's about building character. We have a lot of programming for kids after school. We also have a LIVESTRONG program for our cancer survivors. We have a diabetes program and we're expanding by collaborating with healthcare organizations in order to improve out community's health."
Bronston said fundraising efforts will continue for the next few weeks, wrapping up in April. Bronston hopes about $500,000 is raised to help the community.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain