LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A campaign to help families live a healthier lifestyle kicked off Thursday.
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA launched this year's annual campaign at the Freight House Restaurant in downtown La Crosse on Thursday night.
The annual campaign was previously known as the Strong Kids Campaign.
"The Y is so much more than a gym," Annual Y Campaign Chair Leo Bronston said. "It's about building community. It's about building character. We have a lot of programming for kids after school. We also have a LIVESTRONG program for our cancer survivors. We have a diabetes program and we're expanding by collaborating with healthcare organizations in order to improve out community's health."
Bronston said fundraising efforts will continue for the next few weeks, wrapping up in April. Bronston hopes about $500,000 is raised to help the community.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years