LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A campaign to help families live a healthier lifestyle kicked off Thursday.
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA launched this year's annual campaign at the Freight House Restaurant in downtown La Crosse on Thursday night.
The annual campaign was previously known as the Strong Kids Campaign.
"The Y is so much more than a gym," Annual Y Campaign Chair Leo Bronston said. "It's about building community. It's about building character. We have a lot of programming for kids after school. We also have a LIVESTRONG program for our cancer survivors. We have a diabetes program and we're expanding by collaborating with healthcare organizations in order to improve out community's health."
Bronston said fundraising efforts will continue for the next few weeks, wrapping up in April. Bronston hopes about $500,000 is raised to help the community.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charges following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income