LA CROSSE, Wis. - The latest in nursing research and innovations were highlighted in La Crosse Thursday.
Current and prospective nurses gathered for the annual Nursing Research on the Green Conference at Viterbo University.
This year, they focused on teaching patients how to take care of themselves, called self-care.
Through posters, speeches and breakout sessions, the attendees learned a variety of techniques and new ideas.19906426
It's all done with the hope to continue to provide the best care possible. "How important it is to not do things just because they've always been done that way, but to use knowledge and new knowledge and to always go forward with an open mind in the nursing practice," said conference planning committee member Cindy Cassellius, R.N.
At least 300 people attended the event.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration