LA CROSSE, Wis. - The latest in nursing research and innovations were highlighted in La Crosse Thursday.
Current and prospective nurses gathered for the annual Nursing Research on the Green Conference at Viterbo University.
This year, they focused on teaching patients how to take care of themselves, called self-care.
Through posters, speeches and breakout sessions, the attendees learned a variety of techniques and new ideas.19906426
It's all done with the hope to continue to provide the best care possible. "How important it is to not do things just because they've always been done that way, but to use knowledge and new knowledge and to always go forward with an open mind in the nursing practice," said conference planning committee member Cindy Cassellius, R.N.
At least 300 people attended the event.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking