BLAIR, Wis. (AP) - The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department says a 12-year-old Amish boy was killed when he was trampled by a pair of horses on his family's farm.
The sheriff's office on Monday identified the victim as Leroy Lambright, who lived on the farm near the southwestern Wisconsin town of Blair. The accident happened on Saturday morning when the boy was attempting to un-hitch a manure spreader from a team of two horses.
A press release from the sheriff's office says the horses were spooked somehow and trampled the boy as they attempted to run away. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.17560680
The release says the incident is under investigation.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day