BLAIR, Wis. (AP) - The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department says a 12-year-old Amish boy was killed when he was trampled by a pair of horses on his family's farm.
The sheriff's office on Monday identified the victim as Leroy Lambright, who lived on the farm near the southwestern Wisconsin town of Blair. The accident happened on Saturday morning when the boy was attempting to un-hitch a manure spreader from a team of two horses.
A press release from the sheriff's office says the horses were spooked somehow and trampled the boy as they attempted to run away. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.17560680
The release says the incident is under investigation.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon