LA CROSSE, Wis. - Food pantries in the La Crosse area recieved a nearly $10,000r donation Wednesday.
Altra Federal Credit Union presented The Hunger Task Force with a $9.550 check as a result of its Drive Away Hunger campaign.
During September and October, Altra donated $10 for every car, truck, and motorcycle loan they financed. They also allowed members to match it for a rate discount.
"We wanted it to stay in the community and we think this is a way for it to get to the community and there is a need," said the President and CEO of Altra Jack Peplinksi.17762196
"Be able to purchase or get supplies that our pantries are demanding, that were not necessarily getting donated," said the Executive Director of the Hunger Task Force Shelly Krause.
Altra raised more than $16,000 nationwide. The credit union also made a donation to the Winona Volunteer Services.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests