LA CROSSE, Wis. - The first significant snowfall of the season is putting La Crosse's alternate side parking rules to the test.
City of La Crosse Public Works Director Dale Hexom says for the most part, drivers are following the ordinance. It allows plow drivers to clear the streets after a snowfall.
This year, city officials are watching closely an alternate side parking relief area near the UW-La Crosse campus. The rules only go into effect in that area when city officials send out an alert. They're looking for more compliance this year.
"People haven't really signed up to be notified and we'd certainly encourage people to do that so they can be notified by e-mail, twitter or text when we put out the alert," Hexom said.
People who park in the alternate side relief area near campus can sign up to recieve the alerts by going to the city of la crosse website at city of la crosse dot org.17725940
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure