LA CROSSE, Wis. - If you park your car on the street in La Crosse, you better start paying extra close attention to where you park it, especially after a significant snowfall.
La Crosse's Committee of the Whole voted Tuesday night to triple the fine for the city's alternate side parking ordinance. That means the current $10 ticket would cost you $30. The ordinance changes would also allow for cars to be towed at the police department's discretion.
The changes would only be in effect after the city declares a 48 hour snow removal period.18063180
"It's all intended just to get people to be responsible. It's not that we want to be out there ticketing, but why should the nieghbors, buses and the snow removal people all have to put up with this extra snow they're not able to eliminate," said council president Audrey Kader.
The ordinance changes still need a formal vote from the full council on Thursday.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.