MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Hollywood director David Zucker is returning to Wisconsin and he's bringing one of the stars of the movie "Airplane!" with him.
Zucker is directing a summer tourism commercial in the Eagle River area starting Tuesday and it will star Robert Hays, from the 1980 movie Zucker also directed. Hays played Ted Striker in the movie.
Haven't seen "Airplane!"? Click here
The commercial will be set on a lake and Deputy Tourism Secretary Dave Fantle said Hays name in the script is "Ted," though it's likely not going to be mentioned in the commercial.
Zucker directed a winter tourism spot last December, with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra breaking into a snowball fight.
The spot is expected to air next summer. Zucker, a Wisconsin native, says he will also direct a fall tourism commercial at some point.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure