MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin tourism officials have a message for anyone considering visiting the state: C'mon in, it's easy.
They unveiled a new TV spot Monday to promote the state. It features "Airplane!" actor Robert Hays playing a befuddled fisherman on a beautiful summer day where everything seems to go wrong.
The ad includes the tagline, "It doesn't take any special skill to enjoy Wisconsin, just drop in."
Gov. Scott Walker joined Hays and director David Zucker to unveil the new TV spot during a tourism conference in Madison.
It was filmed last June at Plum Lake in Sayner.
The state Department of Tourism says the industry generates $16 billion in sales annually.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building