MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin tourism officials have a message for anyone considering visiting the state: C'mon in, it's easy.
They unveiled a new TV spot Monday to promote the state. It features "Airplane!" actor Robert Hays playing a befuddled fisherman on a beautiful summer day where everything seems to go wrong.
The ad includes the tagline, "It doesn't take any special skill to enjoy Wisconsin, just drop in."
Gov. Scott Walker joined Hays and director David Zucker to unveil the new TV spot during a tourism conference in Madison.
It was filmed last June at Plum Lake in Sayner.
The state Department of Tourism says the industry generates $16 billion in sales annually.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY