LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An African delegation is touring our city, learning about business, government and healthcare.
City and religious leaders from our sister city Kumbo will be in La Crosse for the next nine days. The visit is organized by the city's International Committee.
The delegation will make a number of stops around the community, like at Gundersen Health System Tuesday.
A member of Kumbo's government is hoping to exchange ideas with La Crosse officials. "Where the two council's can strengthen their cooperation, social, economic and cultrual, those are some of the domains where we have to prosper and see how they can strengthen their cooperation," said Nzeki Theophile, a member of the Kumbo Delegation.
The delegation is expecting some La Crosse people to visit their city in December, during one of their largest cultural celebrations.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture
- Wisconsin couple accused of tying up boy with duct tape