LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An African delegation is touring our city, learning about business, government and healthcare.
City and religious leaders from our sister city Kumbo will be in La Crosse for the next nine days. The visit is organized by the city's International Committee.
The delegation will make a number of stops around the community, like at Gundersen Health System Tuesday.
A member of Kumbo's government is hoping to exchange ideas with La Crosse officials. "Where the two council's can strengthen their cooperation, social, economic and cultrual, those are some of the domains where we have to prosper and see how they can strengthen their cooperation," said Nzeki Theophile, a member of the Kumbo Delegation.
The delegation is expecting some La Crosse people to visit their city in December, during one of their largest cultural celebrations.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota