LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Voting is officially underway in Wisconsin's first-ever gubernatorial recall election.
Ballots are in a the clerks office and absentee voting has started. So far in La Crosse, a few people have voted in-person. The county clerk is expecting slightly higher than average absentee voting.
If you are planning on voting absentee, there is a change. "Absentee voting in general changed where as absentee in-person voting started today, it ends June 1st which is the Friday before the election. You can no longer absentee vote the Saturday, Sunday or Monday before the election," says La Crosse Co. Clerk Ginny Dankmeyer.
You can vote in-person at your municipal clerks office. In La Crosse that would be city hall. Your last day to request an absentee ballot is May 31st.13610470
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting