LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Voting is officially underway in Wisconsin's first-ever gubernatorial recall election.
Ballots are in a the clerks office and absentee voting has started. So far in La Crosse, a few people have voted in-person. The county clerk is expecting slightly higher than average absentee voting.
If you are planning on voting absentee, there is a change. "Absentee voting in general changed where as absentee in-person voting started today, it ends June 1st which is the Friday before the election. You can no longer absentee vote the Saturday, Sunday or Monday before the election," says La Crosse Co. Clerk Ginny Dankmeyer.
You can vote in-person at your municipal clerks office. In La Crosse that would be city hall. Your last day to request an absentee ballot is May 31st.13610470
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests