MADISON, Wis. - Gail Serig, 84, still puts in his 40 hours a week running his own hearing aid shop.
"I've been lucky in life to be in good health," Serig said.
Serig works hard, but finds time to play. He still bowls at Dream Lanes in Madison twice a week.
"When it comes to bowling, the only thing that my age does is slow me down on ball speed," Serig said. "As far as my age, I've never thought of my age."
A couple of weeks ago, Serig fulfilled an achievement few bowlers can boast.
"This time, I didn't expect to get a 300 game," Serig said. "In the 10th frame, first ball, second ball went and they both went. And when the 11th frame ball went, I thought, 'I've got it.' And I don't know what happened. I was not nervous. I just got up and threw the ball."
It was Serig's second perfect game. He was a spry 68 years old when he bowled his last one.
"This game, every ball was just flush, pocket, hit. Every ball was a good ball," Serig said. "I never expected to do it again."
Serig's 300 makes him one of the oldest bowlers to score a perfect game in the Madison area.
According to the Madison Bowling Association, Paul Hughes was less than 25 days older than Serig was when he bowled his perfect game, making Hughes the oldest on record in the Madison area.
Even though he said his throw is slowing down, Serig has plenty of frames left in him, and you never know when he might strike again and again -- and again.
"There's a lot of luck of it. I'm sure of it," Serig said.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse