ARGYLE, Wis. (AP) -- - This weekend's cold weather is believed to be a factor in the death of a 77-year-old Illinois woman.
Authorities in Lafayette County say Mary Scudder of Freeport, Ill., was found dead in Wisconsin's Argyle Township on Saturday evening.
She was found about 30 feet from her car. An autopsy is being planned, and the cause of her death is being investigated, but the initial investigation shows exposure to the elements was a factor. Temperatures in the area were in the 20s and 30s, with lows dipping into the teens.
Officials say Scudder's family said she had been missing since Friday. She was believed to be headed to Superior.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death