ARGYLE, Wis. (AP) -- - This weekend's cold weather is believed to be a factor in the death of a 77-year-old Illinois woman.
Authorities in Lafayette County say Mary Scudder of Freeport, Ill., was found dead in Wisconsin's Argyle Township on Saturday evening.
She was found about 30 feet from her car. An autopsy is being planned, and the cause of her death is being investigated, but the initial investigation shows exposure to the elements was a factor. Temperatures in the area were in the 20s and 30s, with lows dipping into the teens.
Officials say Scudder's family said she had been missing since Friday. She was believed to be headed to Superior.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government