MILWAUKEE (AP) -- A 7-year-old boy was seriously injured after a house fire in Milwaukee.
Deputy Chief Jack Christianson, of the Milwaukee Fire Department, says the boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice on the scene before being transported to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa.
Fire officials say there were no smoke detectors in the house when the blaze broke out around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Flames were shooting through the roof when firefighters arrived. They found the boy while searching the building.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion