WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - A weekend-long event finished up Sunday, and its all for a good cause.
Barre Fest is the finale of the Barre Co-Ed Lions Club Memorial Day Weekend Fundraiser. All day Sunday and throughout the night games, bands. and food were served.
It's a time to bring the community together while also raising funds to put back into the community.
"Spend a lot of money to invest in the area, whether it be donating money to cancer or graduation and stuff like that" said Matt Batzel, President of Co-ed Barre Lions Club.
Festivities continued at the La Crosse Fairgrounds in West Salem late into the night.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser