EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Five finalists for the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's next chancellor have been named.
The candidates will participate in a series of public forums between February 18 and March 6. The time and location for those forums has not been released yet.
The five finalists are:
Dr. Pam Benoit, Executive Vice President and Provost, Ohio University;
Dr. Kathryn Cruz-Uribe, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, California State University, Monterey Bay
Dr. Anne E. Huot, Provost and Vice President for Academoic Affairs, The College at Brockport, State University of New York
Dr. Kent Neely, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Western Oregon University
Dr. James C. Schmidt, Vice President for University Advancement, Executive Director of WSU Foundation Board of Trustees, Winona State University
University of Wisconsin System President Kevin Reilly and the special Regent committee will interview the finalists on March 20. Committee members will recommend one candidate to the full Board of Regents, which must approve the appointment.
Former UW-Chancellor Brian Levin-Stankevich stepped down last spring to accept a new job as president of Westminster College in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since July, UW-Madison's Gilles Bousquet has served as UW-Eau Calire's Interim Chancellor.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks