MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Four real Democrats and one fake Democrat have filed to run against Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch in a recall election.
Madison firefighter and union leader Mahlon Mitchell filed Tuesday to get on the ballot as a Democrat. Also filing were truck driver Bruce Berman of Marinette, prison guard Dale Paul of Portage, and private investigator Ira Robins of Milwaukee.
Isaac Weix, a Republican running as a Democrat to ensure there would be a primary, also filed.
The Government Accountability Board was reviewing whether the candidates submitted the required 2,000 signatures to get on the ballot.
The primary is May 8 and the general election is June 5.
While Gov. Scott Walker and Kleefisch were elected together in November 2010, they are standing separately for recall.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest