MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Four real Democrats and one fake Democrat have filed to run against Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch in a recall election.
Madison firefighter and union leader Mahlon Mitchell filed Tuesday to get on the ballot as a Democrat. Also filing were truck driver Bruce Berman of Marinette, prison guard Dale Paul of Portage, and private investigator Ira Robins of Milwaukee.
Isaac Weix, a Republican running as a Democrat to ensure there would be a primary, also filed.
The Government Accountability Board was reviewing whether the candidates submitted the required 2,000 signatures to get on the ballot.
The primary is May 8 and the general election is June 5.
While Gov. Scott Walker and Kleefisch were elected together in November 2010, they are standing separately for recall.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather