MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - There are five locations in Monroe County for people to drop off unused, expired or unwanted drugs on April 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A 2013 Youth Risk Behavior Survey showed that one in five Monroe County youth have tried prescription drugs without a doctor's permission.
Here are the locations:
-Scenic Bluffs Community Health Centers:
200 West North St., Norwalk
238 Front St., Cashton
-Tomah Police Department, 805 superior Ave, Tomah
-Sparta Police Department, 121 E. Oak St. Sparta
-Monroe County Waste Disposal, 20448 Junco Rd., Norwalk
The Tomah and Sparta Police Departments have a permanent collection box in their lobby.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online