LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The four people arrested for theft and burglary earlier this week are formally charged in La Crosse County court Wednesday afternoon.
Jake Underwood, 22, Dustin Cummings, 37, Roy Buck, 25, and 17-year-old Roxanne Erickson-Burback have 18 charges collectively, including theft and burglary. They were arrested Monday at the Affordable Inn.
According to the criminal complaint, the group stole a truck in Minnesota, then broke into a coin machine on the south side and left the truck there. Police matched a Wal-Mart receipt found inside the truck to security video to identify some of the suspects.
An officer identified one of the suspects while responding to a suspicious call at the Affordable in later that day. They were all arrested there.
When officers searched the hotel, they found stolen guns, tools, and military equipment believed to be stolen from Rochester on Sunday. Erickson-Burback told police it's not drug related, they were just trying to get money.
A La Crosse County judge set a $20,000 cash bond for all four suspects.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska