LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The four people arrested for theft and burglary earlier this week are formally charged in La Crosse County court Wednesday afternoon.
Jake Underwood, 22, Dustin Cummings, 37, Roy Buck, 25, and 17-year-old Roxanne Erickson-Burback have 18 charges collectively, including theft and burglary. They were arrested Monday at the Affordable Inn.
According to the criminal complaint, the group stole a truck in Minnesota, then broke into a coin machine on the south side and left the truck there. Police matched a Wal-Mart receipt found inside the truck to security video to identify some of the suspects.
An officer identified one of the suspects while responding to a suspicious call at the Affordable in later that day. They were all arrested there.
When officers searched the hotel, they found stolen guns, tools, and military equipment believed to be stolen from Rochester on Sunday. Erickson-Burback told police it's not drug related, they were just trying to get money.
A La Crosse County judge set a $20,000 cash bond for all four suspects.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners