LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Have you checked out La Crosse's brand new 3D Mural yet?
The city's arts board chairperson says thousands of people have taken it in. Dozens more have stopped to look at the massive mural on the side of The Pump House in downtown La Crosse while driving or walking by.
The artwork by internationally recognized artist John Pugh is complete, but the area around it is still being spruced up.
There's some landscaping that needs to be completed and the arts board is waiting to add a statement from the artist on what he wanted to achieve.
"It's a complex work and it's important to spend a few minutes with it and see elements that people don't notice," said Arts Board Chair Donald Smith.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration