LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Have you checked out La Crosse's brand new 3D Mural yet?
The city's arts board chairperson says thousands of people have taken it in. Dozens more have stopped to look at the massive mural on the side of The Pump House in downtown La Crosse while driving or walking by.
The artwork by internationally recognized artist John Pugh is complete, but the area around it is still being spruced up.
There's some landscaping that needs to be completed and the arts board is waiting to add a statement from the artist on what he wanted to achieve.
"It's a complex work and it's important to spend a few minutes with it and see elements that people don't notice," said Arts Board Chair Donald Smith.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales