LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Have you checked out La Crosse's brand new 3D Mural yet?
The city's arts board chairperson says thousands of people have taken it in. Dozens more have stopped to look at the massive mural on the side of The Pump House in downtown La Crosse while driving or walking by.
The artwork by internationally recognized artist John Pugh is complete, but the area around it is still being spruced up.
There's some landscaping that needs to be completed and the arts board is waiting to add a statement from the artist on what he wanted to achieve.
"It's a complex work and it's important to spend a few minutes with it and see elements that people don't notice," said Arts Board Chair Donald Smith.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans