LA CROSSE, WI - Viterbo is celebrating progress in its largest fundraising campaign in the university's history.
The "Hope and Help" campaign has raised 37-million dollars since it started in 2008.
And the money is already being put to use. The funds were used to build the state of the art School of Nursing building in 2011, and they created more than 150 new scholarships.
Viterbo's president is thankful for all the support as the campaign moves into its final stretch. "It's amazing, you're just so grateful that people believe in what we're doing here at Viterbo, and especially they believe in what can happen at a private catholic university," said Rick Artman.21556926
There's a three million dollar goal to finish the campaign. That money will be used to create more scholarships.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture