LA CROSSE, WI - Viterbo is celebrating progress in its largest fundraising campaign in the university's history.
The "Hope and Help" campaign has raised 37-million dollars since it started in 2008.
And the money is already being put to use. The funds were used to build the state of the art School of Nursing building in 2011, and they created more than 150 new scholarships.
Viterbo's president is thankful for all the support as the campaign moves into its final stretch. "It's amazing, you're just so grateful that people believe in what we're doing here at Viterbo, and especially they believe in what can happen at a private catholic university," said Rick Artman.21556926
There's a three million dollar goal to finish the campaign. That money will be used to create more scholarships.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation