BARABOO, Wis. - Sauk County dispatch confirmed a 3-year-old drowned at Devil's Lake State Park Thursday.
The call came in at 5:03 p.m. for officials to go to the south shore of Devil's Lake.
According to a release from Devil's Lake State Park officials, Department of Natural Resources Rangers were on their way to the scene when they learned there was a possible drowning.
The DNR Rangers arrived a short time later and found that a 3-year-old girl had been pulled from the water by family members and she was unresponsive.
CPR was performed by three park visitors -- two doctors and a registered nurse -- as well as DNR staff.
A short time later, Baraboo Ambulance Service paramedics arrived and attempted to revive the girl. A MedFlight helicopter arrived and the flight nurse and doctor also attempted to revive the girl.
At 6:07 p.m., the MedFlight doctor pronounced the girl dead. The girl is from the Madison area and her identity had not been released pending notification of her extended family.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US