BARABOO, Wis. - Sauk County dispatch confirmed a 3-year-old drowned at Devil's Lake State Park Thursday.
The call came in at 5:03 p.m. for officials to go to the south shore of Devil's Lake.
According to a release from Devil's Lake State Park officials, Department of Natural Resources Rangers were on their way to the scene when they learned there was a possible drowning.
The DNR Rangers arrived a short time later and found that a 3-year-old girl had been pulled from the water by family members and she was unresponsive.
CPR was performed by three park visitors -- two doctors and a registered nurse -- as well as DNR staff.
A short time later, Baraboo Ambulance Service paramedics arrived and attempted to revive the girl. A MedFlight helicopter arrived and the flight nurse and doctor also attempted to revive the girl.
At 6:07 p.m., the MedFlight doctor pronounced the girl dead. The girl is from the Madison area and her identity had not been released pending notification of her extended family.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners