EUGENE, Ore. - A body, found in a suitcase discarded along a rural highway in Wisconsin, is that of a missing state of Oregon woman.
Walworth County investigators said dental records confirmed the body is that of Jenny Gamez, of Cottage Grove, Oregon, who disappeared in 2012. Based on a criminal complaint, she would likely have been 19 when she died.
Cottage Grove police Cpl. Conrad Gagner told the television station his department is working with Wisconsin authorities on the case.
A former Wisconsin police officer was arrested last week and charged with hiding a corpse after two bodies were found in suitcases in Walworth County. A criminal complaint says 52-year-old Steven Zelich met the women online, killed them and hid their bodies for months.
A Walworth County prosecutor said he expects homicide charges to be filed where the women were killed.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East