EUGENE, Ore. - A body, found in a suitcase discarded along a rural highway in Wisconsin, is that of a missing state of Oregon woman.
Walworth County investigators said dental records confirmed the body is that of Jenny Gamez, of Cottage Grove, Oregon, who disappeared in 2012. Based on a criminal complaint, she would likely have been 19 when she died.
Cottage Grove police Cpl. Conrad Gagner told the television station his department is working with Wisconsin authorities on the case.
A former Wisconsin police officer was arrested last week and charged with hiding a corpse after two bodies were found in suitcases in Walworth County. A criminal complaint says 52-year-old Steven Zelich met the women online, killed them and hid their bodies for months.
A Walworth County prosecutor said he expects homicide charges to be filed where the women were killed.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration