LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A La Crosse County judge set a $2,500 cash bond for a Madison man charged with first-degree reckless homicide.
Malachi C. Hankel, 28, is accused of providing heroin to Thomas Tremain who was found dead in a home in the Town of Barre on September 6. Hankel was arrested in Madison on Wednesday.
Autopsy results showed Tremain died following an acute intoxication due to the combined effects of heroin, alcohol and alprazolam (Zanax).
Hankel's next scheduled court appearance is set for Friday, November 22.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser