LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A La Crosse County judge set a $2,500 cash bond for a Madison man charged with first-degree reckless homicide.
Malachi C. Hankel, 28, is accused of providing heroin to Thomas Tremain who was found dead in a home in the Town of Barre on September 6. Hankel was arrested in Madison on Wednesday.
Autopsy results showed Tremain died following an acute intoxication due to the combined effects of heroin, alcohol and alprazolam (Zanax).
Hankel's next scheduled court appearance is set for Friday, November 22.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather