LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 2016 Mrs. Oktoberfest was crowned during a special ceremony Tuesday night at UW-La Crosse.
Sue Weidemann joins this year's Royal Family.
Weidemann has been heavily involved in area non-profits, including Valley View Rotary, Rotary Lights, Great Rivers United Way, YWCA Taste of the Coulee Region, Thunder Ride for Diabetes, American Heart Association, Choices Task Force, La Crosse Promise and more.
She also isn't a stranger to OKtoberfest. Her dad, Ken Wing, was Torchlight Parade Marshal in 2001. Weidemann also volunteered at Oktoberfest for 15 years as the chair of the Northside Festgrounds's Senior Breakfast and Beer-Tapping Olympics.
Weidemann says she was 'stunned, excited and extremely honored' when she discovered this spring that she was picked for the honor of becoming the next Mrs. O.
- Arcadia flooding evacuates homes, keeps thousands of employees from work
- Flood waters rise quickly in Centerville
- Destruction after EF-1 tornado rips through McGregor, Iowa
- Storm destroys historical plane in Prairie Du Chien
- Ontario suffers serious damage after heavy rain
- UPDATED STORM DAMAGE REPORTS
- Red Cross opening shelters in four locations
- July 19/20 Storm Pictures
- La Crosse Parks & Rec close all city trails
- Wisconsin agriculture secretary to retire next month