LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 2016 Mrs. Oktoberfest was crowned during a special ceremony Tuesday night at UW-La Crosse.
Sue Weidemann joins this year's Royal Family.
Weidemann has been heavily involved in area non-profits, including Valley View Rotary, Rotary Lights, Great Rivers United Way, YWCA Taste of the Coulee Region, Thunder Ride for Diabetes, American Heart Association, Choices Task Force, La Crosse Promise and more.
She also isn't a stranger to OKtoberfest. Her dad, Ken Wing, was Torchlight Parade Marshal in 2001. Weidemann also volunteered at Oktoberfest for 15 years as the chair of the Northside Festgrounds's Senior Breakfast and Beer-Tapping Olympics.
Weidemann says she was 'stunned, excited and extremely honored' when she discovered this spring that she was picked for the honor of becoming the next Mrs. O.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student