LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 2016 Mrs. Oktoberfest was crowned during a special ceremony Tuesday night at UW-La Crosse.
Sue Weidemann joins this year's Royal Family.
Weidemann has been heavily involved in area non-profits, including Valley View Rotary, Rotary Lights, Great Rivers United Way, YWCA Taste of the Coulee Region, Thunder Ride for Diabetes, American Heart Association, Choices Task Force, La Crosse Promise and more.
She also isn't a stranger to OKtoberfest. Her dad, Ken Wing, was Torchlight Parade Marshal in 2001. Weidemann also volunteered at Oktoberfest for 15 years as the chair of the Northside Festgrounds's Senior Breakfast and Beer-Tapping Olympics.
Weidemann says she was 'stunned, excited and extremely honored' when she discovered this spring that she was picked for the honor of becoming the next Mrs. O.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests