LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's 53rd annual Oktoberfest kicks off September 22nd, but planning is already well underway, including the decision on who will lead the parades.
The fest's Parade Marshal Selection Committee is now accepting nominations for both the 2013 Maple Leaf and Torchlight parade marshals.
An adult of any age or gender can be nominated. Oktoberfest's website says nominees should be people of good character who have contributed positively to the community, living within 20 miles of La Crosse.
If you have someone in mind, you can find more details and nomination forms at Oktoberfest's website. Forms need to be turned in by 3 p.m. on April 18th.
Parade Marshals will be announced in September.19419178
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser