LA CROSSE, Wis. - Oktoberfest is looking for the public's help in finding the next festmaster.
The board of trustees made up of past festmasters are already accepting nominations for 2013.
Along with public input nominations will also come in from past festmasters and other groups associated with the celebration.
Nominees have to be 55 or older, married, and willing to take on the responsibility. The festmaster also has to be someone who gives back to our community.17599828
"The selection criteria really has a lot to do with past civic involvement and things of that nature," said 2006 Festmaster Terry Collins. "[There] doesn't need to be any previous involvement with Oktoberfest, as there had not been with me."2006 Festmaster Terry Collins2006 Festmaster Terry Collins
Nomination forms can be picked up at the Oktoberfest office on the southside festgrounds Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or on Oktoberfest's website. Nominations must be received no later than January 2.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks