LA CROSSE, Wis. - Oktoberfest is looking for the public's help in finding the next festmaster.
The board of trustees made up of past festmasters are already accepting nominations for 2013.
Along with public input nominations will also come in from past festmasters and other groups associated with the celebration.
Nominees have to be 55 or older, married, and willing to take on the responsibility. The festmaster also has to be someone who gives back to our community.17599828
"The selection criteria really has a lot to do with past civic involvement and things of that nature," said 2006 Festmaster Terry Collins. "[There] doesn't need to be any previous involvement with Oktoberfest, as there had not been with me."2006 Festmaster Terry Collins2006 Festmaster Terry Collins
Nomination forms can be picked up at the Oktoberfest office on the southside festgrounds Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or on Oktoberfest's website. Nominations must be received no later than January 2.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked