LA CROSSE, WI - Twenty students are attending Aquinas Catholic Schools on the Wisconsin voucher system. Of those, nine are new to the system and a majority are at elementary schools.
The district's enrollment has also gone up for a second straight year.
And with the voucher program doubling in size next year, the president of Aquinas says some new families may walk through the doors. "Next year, the cap goes up to 1,000, but those won't be 1,000 brand new families because there will be a number of families that continue to use theirs from this year, so we'll see some growth, but we'll see a lot of students get their choice voucher renewed as well," said Dr. Kurt Nelson.21696972
More than 1,000 students attend Aquinas Catholic Schools.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather