PRESCOTT, Wis. (AP) - Two western Wisconsin communities are disputing who gets bragging rights to the biggest bratwurst.
The conflict started after last week's news accounts of Prescott's world-record-setting bratwurst, which was 52 feet, 2 inches.
A local grocery store grilled it for its centennial and then put it in an equally as long bun.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports some in Dallas, Wisconsin, heard about it and got steamed. They've grilled big bratwursts the last four years for Oktoberfest and this year's was 135 feet long.
But Dallas didn't get the official record because they didn't use a bun and didn't pay the $1,900 fee to the World Record Academy in Florida.
Dallas-based Valkyrie Brewing Co. notes on its website that all the brats they've grilled since 2009 are longer than Prescott's.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff