MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say two people were shot and taken to area hospitals following a disturbance late Wednesday night on the east side.
A fight involved 7 to 9 people on the city's east side late Wednesday night led to two people being taken to area hospitals with gunshot wounds, according to a release from Madison police.
The incident happened in the 3000 block of Worthington Avenue around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to police, officers were sent to the location for a report of a physical fight in progress before the shots were fired.
When they arrived, officers found two people with gunshot wounds. A 20-year-old man was struck in the arm and an 18-year-old woman suffered a graze to the head. Both were treated at hospitals.
Police are looking for a man described as black, 20 years old, 6 feet tall and heavy set.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Area couples prepare for wedding season
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers