MADISON, Wis. (AP) - An Oklahoma couple who came to Wisconsin for an organ transplant have been the victims of theft.
Madison police say Roger and Debbie Egleston flew to Madison a few months ago awaiting a lung transplant for Roger Egleston, a Vietnam veteran. Because the Arcadia, Okla., couple was forced to pack in a hurry, 63-year-old Debbie Egleston went to a local Goodwill store March 2 to stock up on personal items.
Police spokesman Howard Payne says two thieves stole her wallet from her purse. Within an hour they used her credit cards to buy more than $3,000 in merchandise and gift cards at a nearby Target store.
Payne says the two suspects were still at large Thursday. He calls the crime, "heartbreaking" and asks that anyone with information call police.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest