MADISON, Wis. (AP) - An Oklahoma couple who came to Wisconsin for an organ transplant have been the victims of theft.
Madison police say Roger and Debbie Egleston flew to Madison a few months ago awaiting a lung transplant for Roger Egleston, a Vietnam veteran. Because the Arcadia, Okla., couple was forced to pack in a hurry, 63-year-old Debbie Egleston went to a local Goodwill store March 2 to stock up on personal items.
Police spokesman Howard Payne says two thieves stole her wallet from her purse. Within an hour they used her credit cards to buy more than $3,000 in merchandise and gift cards at a nearby Target store.
Payne says the two suspects were still at large Thursday. He calls the crime, "heartbreaking" and asks that anyone with information call police.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership