BAYFIELD, Wis. (AP) - Crews have recovered the bodies of two men who died after their snowmobile went into Lake Superior near Madeline Island.
The two men were last seen leaving Bayfield heading to Madeline Island on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. A caller to 911 reported them missing 12 hours later.
Searchers found the body of one man next to a partially submerged snowmobile in the water near the South Channel shortly after the 911 call was received. The second man's body was found about three hours later.
Ashland County Sheriff Mick Brennan says the victims were both in their 30s and lived on Madeline Island.
Brennan says the men had been on the same snowmobile. WDIO-TV reports their names are not being released because family members are still being notified.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking