TOMAH, Wis. - Tomah police arrested two men in connection to a non-fatal heroin overdose at a home on the 800 block of Cedar Lane on January 1.
Police say while they were executing a search warrant, Donald Frantzen, 33, returned home and attempted to throw away a baggie containing 10 grams of heroin. Frantzen bought the heroin in the Chicago area to sell in Tomah, according to police.
Frantzen was booked at the Monroe County Jail for charges related to trafficking in heroin and bail jumping. He remains in jail on a $10,000 cash bond.
Police also arrested Shelton Hughes, 22, in connection to the drug investigation. He was booked at the Monroe County Jail for bail jumping. Hughes posted his $1,000 cash bond Monday night.
Both men are scheduled to appear in court on January 14. Tomah police say more arrests and charges are likely in this investigation.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups