TOMAH, Wis. - Tomah police arrested two men in connection to a non-fatal heroin overdose at a home on the 800 block of Cedar Lane on January 1.
Police say while they were executing a search warrant, Donald Frantzen, 33, returned home and attempted to throw away a baggie containing 10 grams of heroin. Frantzen bought the heroin in the Chicago area to sell in Tomah, according to police.
Frantzen was booked at the Monroe County Jail for charges related to trafficking in heroin and bail jumping. He remains in jail on a $10,000 cash bond.
Police also arrested Shelton Hughes, 22, in connection to the drug investigation. He was booked at the Monroe County Jail for bail jumping. Hughes posted his $1,000 cash bond Monday night.
Both men are scheduled to appear in court on January 14. Tomah police say more arrests and charges are likely in this investigation.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure