TOWN OF MANITOWISH WATERS, Wis. (AP) - A boating accident in northern Wisconsin has sent two children from Illinois to the hospital.
The Vilas County sheriff's office says the accident was reported around 2:20 p.m. Thursday on Little Star Lake in the Town of Manitowish Waters.
An 11-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister from Arlington Heights, Illinois, were being towed on a boat tube when they struck the side of a pontoon boat.
The children were taken to Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff with unknown injuries.
The children's names were not released. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is investigating.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge