TOWN OF MANITOWISH WATERS, Wis. (AP) - A boating accident in northern Wisconsin has sent two children from Illinois to the hospital.
The Vilas County sheriff's office says the accident was reported around 2:20 p.m. Thursday on Little Star Lake in the Town of Manitowish Waters.
An 11-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister from Arlington Heights, Illinois, were being towed on a boat tube when they struck the side of a pontoon boat.
The children were taken to Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff with unknown injuries.
The children's names were not released. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is investigating.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases