TOWN OF MANITOWISH WATERS, Wis. (AP) - A boating accident in northern Wisconsin has sent two children from Illinois to the hospital.
The Vilas County sheriff's office says the accident was reported around 2:20 p.m. Thursday on Little Star Lake in the Town of Manitowish Waters.
An 11-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister from Arlington Heights, Illinois, were being towed on a boat tube when they struck the side of a pontoon boat.
The children were taken to Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff with unknown injuries.
The children's names were not released. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is investigating.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp