TOWN OF CASSIAN, Wis. (AP) - Authorities believe a husband and wife may have died in a fire that destroyed their home in rural Oneida County.
Crews were called just before 4:30 a.m. Tuesday to the large house about 20 miles west of Rhinelander. When firefighters arrived, they found the house engulfed in flames.
Sheriff's Lt. Lloyd Gauthier says authorities believe the couple who lived at the home may have died in the fire. Their vehicles were found in the garage, but the couple has not been found.
The state fire marshal's office is helping local authorities investigate.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers