TOWN OF CASSIAN, Wis. (AP) - Authorities believe a husband and wife may have died in a fire that destroyed their home in rural Oneida County.
Crews were called just before 4:30 a.m. Tuesday to the large house about 20 miles west of Rhinelander. When firefighters arrived, they found the house engulfed in flames.
Sheriff's Lt. Lloyd Gauthier says authorities believe the couple who lived at the home may have died in the fire. Their vehicles were found in the garage, but the couple has not been found.
The state fire marshal's office is helping local authorities investigate.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse