EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Eau Claire police arrested two people in connection to a shooting on early Saturday morning at Idlewild Bar in Eau Claire.
Police say a fight broke out inside the Idlewild Bar, 999 Malden Avenue, which then continued outside into the bar's parking lot where someone used a handgun and fired multiple shots at people. No one was injured.
The suspects left the scene before police arrived. Investigators say at least six shots were fired which hit the side of the tavern structure. One bullet entered the living room area of an apartment located above the tavern.
Eau Claire police later arrested Rodney Craig, 36, and Shirley Heath, 32, both of Eau Claire, for their involvement in the shooting incident. Police say the gun and other physical evidence linking Craig and Heath to the shooting were recovered when they were arrested.
Police say Craig faces attempted homicide and felon in possession of a firearm charges. Heath faces a attempted homicide, party to the crime charge.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser