EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Altoona police arrested two people in connection to a robbery in Eau Claire Wednesday night.
At about 8:25 p.m. on Wednesday, Eau Claire police were called to the area of Folsom Street and N. Clairemont Avenue.
Police say the victim took money out of an ATM in the area to solicit an act of prostitution from Shawna Kirk, 22, of Altoona. Kirk and Paige Allen Rodriguez, 23, of Altoona, met with the victim and drove him to a secluded area where Rodriguez said he had a gun and demanded money from the victim, according to police.
Kirk and Rodriguez were later arrested in Altoona by the Altoona Police Department with help from the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office. Rodriguez faces a robbery charge. Kirk faces prostitution and party to a crime of robbery charges.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns