EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Altoona police arrested two people in connection to a robbery in Eau Claire Wednesday night.
At about 8:25 p.m. on Wednesday, Eau Claire police were called to the area of Folsom Street and N. Clairemont Avenue.
Police say the victim took money out of an ATM in the area to solicit an act of prostitution from Shawna Kirk, 22, of Altoona. Kirk and Paige Allen Rodriguez, 23, of Altoona, met with the victim and drove him to a secluded area where Rodriguez said he had a gun and demanded money from the victim, according to police.
Kirk and Rodriguez were later arrested in Altoona by the Altoona Police Department with help from the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Office. Rodriguez faces a robbery charge. Kirk faces prostitution and party to a crime of robbery charges.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion