NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. - Calumet County sheriff's officials are investigating the death of an 18-year-old woman found outside a New Holstein home.
They've identified her as Monica Batts of New Holstein.
WLUK-TV reports the man who lives in the home found the body when walking to his garage around 12:30 p.m. Friday. He said he didn't know the victim and is cooperating with the investigation.
Officials say the body was clothed and didn't have any visible signs of trauma. They believe the body was outside for about six hours.
Investigators say they're interviewing friends and family and following several sets of footprints found in the area.
An autopsy is set for Monday to determine the cause of death. The public is not believed to be in any danger.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals