NEW HOLSTEIN, Wis. - Calumet County sheriff's officials are investigating the death of an 18-year-old woman found outside a New Holstein home.
They've identified her as Monica Batts of New Holstein.
WLUK-TV reports the man who lives in the home found the body when walking to his garage around 12:30 p.m. Friday. He said he didn't know the victim and is cooperating with the investigation.
Officials say the body was clothed and didn't have any visible signs of trauma. They believe the body was outside for about six hours.
Investigators say they're interviewing friends and family and following several sets of footprints found in the area.
An autopsy is set for Monday to determine the cause of death. The public is not believed to be in any danger.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death