VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 15-year-old snowmobiler suffered non-life-threatening injuries in a crash on February 23 near Westby, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say Hannah Weiker, of Westby, was operating a snowmobile on a marked trail in the Town of Christiana when she failed to negotiate a curve to the left. Weiker's snowmobile left the trail and struck a large fence post.
Weiker was transported to the Vernon Memorial Healthcare in Viroqua and was treated and released. The sheriff's office says Weiker was wearing a helmet.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case