VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 15-year-old snowmobiler suffered non-life-threatening injuries in a crash on February 23 near Westby, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say Hannah Weiker, of Westby, was operating a snowmobile on a marked trail in the Town of Christiana when she failed to negotiate a curve to the left. Weiker's snowmobile left the trail and struck a large fence post.
Weiker was transported to the Vernon Memorial Healthcare in Viroqua and was treated and released. The sheriff's office says Weiker was wearing a helmet.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines